Reset trial date of software (Crack Trial Limitations)
You have a software with a trial of a limited time, but you need to use the software for another period of time, what can you do ?
There are several ways to go about this one (You should try them by this order):
- You should begin with attempting to detect a known trial protection installed in this software, if it is of a known type then maybe there is a known hack for it.
- Attempt to change the date of the running software - not the date of the computer as a good hack should never interfere with your computer, the right way to go about this is to use Nirsoft's RunAsDate util, or use TimeStopper.
- Try to find the registry entry which has the installation timestamp - and remove it, for this one I would use Nirsoft's RegScanner or RegistryFinder
- Uninstall the application completely (after uninstall also delete all registry entries) for this one I would use Bulk Crap Uninstaller, then install it from scratch
- Barring all of the above I would reinstall it on a new computer (or VM) and would capture the whole installation process with
- If nothing works, I would just create a new VM and install the trial on it till it expires, then rinse and repeat.