First Step with GWT
- Developer uses Java
- Developer uses mature IDE tools
This post will function as a quick reference on installation and main resources for beginning with GWT.
- Install Java JDK (Set JAVA_HOME to the root and add the "bin" directory to the Path)
- Install Ant (Set ANT_HOME to the root and add the "bin" directory to the Path)
- Download and "install" Eclipse
- Start Eclipse, then install the Google plugin, google's update site contains several plugins, for regular GWT development install the following: Google plugin for eclipse (For Google App Engine), GWT designer for GPE (Drag & drop designer), GAE & GWT SDKs
That's it, you have set your GWT development environment from scratch.
First steps Resources
Official google IO GWT presentations
Official GWT Site
Good resource for GWT references
GWTP - Architecture suggested by Google, which simplifies GWT development, and brings the developer to a new level of GWT creation.
- Dani's GWTP Course (YouTube 9 video course)